Thursday, May 9, 2013

Making Over Our Master Bedroom - After

Finally.  I can reveal our new master bedroom.  It was a process that took a couple of months, but I think it was definitely worth the wait.  I'm so in love with it.  I struggle with photographing rooms, but I did the best I could to capture all that I love about our new room. And probably was a little excessive.  Sorry about that.
I hope you love it as much as I do!



  And remember this before picture??  Ugh.

Here's a little tour of our new room...






























































 

 























(Click here to look at our bedroom before and the plans...I think I actually followed through on all my intentions)

Changes we made...

  • Flooring - Laminate.  Wide planks.  A little rustic.  Not too light.  Not too dark.  LOVE it.
  • All new bedding
    - white sheets - Target
    - gray bedskirt - Target
    - gray quilt - Target
    - comforter - Target - LOVE how it reminds me of my wedding dress ;)
    - gray accent pillows - Target
    - turquoise accent pillows - Amazon
    - turquoise throw blanket - Target
  • White window panels - Target
  • White computer chair - Amazon
  • White starburst mirror - Michaels for like $29.99...a steal
  • Painting over headboard - hand painted by me
  • Sit around accents - combination of Hobby Lobby, Michaels, Kohls, Garden Ridge, Pier One...the turquoise color screams my name every store I enter.  
  • Rug - Garden Ridge for only $99...another steal
  • Gray walls - Glidden "Seal Gray" or is it Grey?  I'm not sure
  • Gallery Wall - post to come, possibly
  • Mirror - already owned, but painted white
  • Vinyl "You have my whole heart..." decal - I designed myself and cut on my Silhouette
  • "Love story" frame - designed and printed on microsoft word, put in a white frame. Easy Peasy. 
  • Printer stand - already owned as a side table, but painted white
  • And I found a new home for all of my craft supplies that had began to over take our bedroom...a coat closet.  Strange.  But it works. 

Well I think that's a good summary of all I did to transform our room.  I'm personally thrilled with it.  I love coming home to it.  And I actually love making my bed...for the first time in my life.  Because I know how beautiful it's going to look when I'm done.  

What do you think??



4 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the colors, I probably would have painted the furniture to make it look more modern and go with the decor but otherwise great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...and if I was made of money, I would have bought modern furniture. And if I wasn't a working mom of 2 little kids, I would have painted it. Plus my furniture was a gift. Thanks though!

      Delete
  3. A debt of gratitude is in order for setting aside an ideal opportunity to examine this, I feel emphatically about it and affection adapting more on this theme. On the off chance that conceivable, as you pick up skill, would you psyche overhauling your online journal with more data? It is to a great degree supportive for me.
    vedligeholdelsesfrit hegn​

    ReplyDelete