Thursday, September 6, 2012

A New Year at Preschool

This week was the start of Keira's second year at preschool.  And I dare to say I was even more emotional than last year.  I don't know what's going on with me, but I am crying over everything.  And to watch my little girl, who is now growing up so fast and becoming a big girl, walk into that classroom {a much bigger classroom than last year} with the confidence she had, without any tears, and just a big smile on her face to be back at school.  To hear her say "Have a good day Daddy" and that she loves us.  To hug us and kiss us.  But then to easily part from us.  It just brought tears {lots of tears} to my eyes.

Last year she screamed and screamed for a couple of weeks when we dropped her off.  So I had to be strong for her.  This year she is stronger than me.  And maybe that is the difference.  But I am thankful for that.  That she no longer gets upset to go.  That she is enjoying being at school.  Learning, playing, and meeting new friends.  All in a Godly environment.

To think that next year, we will be dropping Alyssa off in the two year old room is a whole new ball of emotions.  I don't even want to think about that.  It's just a reminder of how fast the years go by.  How quickly my daily time with them is dwindling away.  And it's truly heartbreaking.  But it is life.  Babies grow up.  And I know I will enjoy each stage.  But I want to enjoy this time now.  The extra time that I have with them before it's time for Kindergarten.  And appreciate it.  Before it's gone.


















Those with babies, enjoy them.  They will be this big before you know it!


This was the after school picture.  I'd say she had a good day.  She is so goofy.




Don't forget to vote for me!  Pretty Please.

All you have to do is click HERE!


No comments:

Post a Comment