Monday, September 24, 2012

11 Years of Love...

Although we no longer celebrate our dating anniversary, today marks 11 years of our relationship.  And the 24th of September is still a very very special date to us...one worth mentioning in my opinion.  It's hard to believe that it's been 11 years.  The time has passed so quickly.  It seems like yesterday that we were just 14 and 15 years old.  That we met at the river that summer.  Hung out as friends.  Rode jet skis and golf carts.  Went swimming and sat by camp fires.  And gradually got closer.  It seems like yesterday that I started my freshman year of high school but was only thinking of him and how I couldn't wait for the weekend to see him again.  That he got his drivers license and started skipping school to come down to see me a little more often.  And on that special day, during one of our regular late night phone calls of me sitting in my walk-in closet so my sister could sleep, he "asked me out."  And at such a young age, we had no idea that our lives would be changed forever.  But they were. We have remained in love and best friends.  And each day only gets better.  I'm so thankful for the 24th of September 2001.  It marked the beginning of a very special journey for us.

I love you Scott...I will forever be yours



No comments:

Post a Comment