Monday, August 20, 2012

One Hundred Posts

I noticed this morning that I had 99 published posts in my Blogger account.  Meaning that my next post would mark my 100th post.  I am proud of that.  When I first started blogging, I thought that I would post to it when I had extra time, maybe a couple of times a month, if that.  For birthdays, milestones, the things that I knew I would want to look back on.  I thought it would be a short phase that would fizzle out after a couple of months.  But I found out very quickly that I love it.  I love writing.  I love sharing photos of my family.  My children.  Our life.  I love sharing the stories that I know I will want to read back one day but that I would probably forget otherwise.  The important things and the random things.  I love sharing about my projects, and hopefully helping others by creating a tutorial for them. And I also love pouring my heart out by writing about topics that mean something to me.  I love the opportunity to share my faith with others, in hopes that it will spark an interest in a non-believer.  And to maybe inspire others to look at the big picture and view their life as a journey. To appreciate their life and be grateful for all of their blessings.

My blog is sort of like a journal.  A way of documenting our life.  Some may think it's too personal, but that is just how I like it.  I want to look back on the details.  In fact, sometimes I wish I could capture even more.  Because time goes by so quickly.  And I want to soak up every moment that I have, appreciate the little things, and one day have this to look back on to show my children.

I have very  few followers.  Some posts have a very  small view count. Of coarse I would love to have more followers.  More views.  More comments under each blog post.  Naturally, it's nice to know that others are reading what you have put time and effort into.  To hear their responses to it.  And maybe one day that will grow.  But at the end of the day, I am doing this for me.  For my family.  And I plan to continue it for as long as I enjoy it.  Regardless of how many or how few people read what I post.  And I hope those that take the time to read my blog do enjoy it.  So here is to 100 posts.  And many more to come!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on 100! It's definitely a milestone and although I don't always comment I love reading your blog and hearing about your sweet girls!
    Mom said she saw you at the hair salon last week and it made me sad we don't live closer so our girls could have a playdate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sara for reading! I love reading yours as well =) And yes, I saw your mom. She has been coming there, and I just never realized it was your mom! Small world.

      Delete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS ON 100!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE AWESOME....YOU HAVE AN AWESOME FAMILY, AND YOU ARE SO SMART TO WRITE THESE BLOGS....LIFE GETS SO BUSY THAT THESE MEMORIES WILL FADE AS YOU CREATE NEWER MEMORIES...LIFE IS SO PRECIOUS....KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete