Friday, July 20, 2012

The Blogger 411 Link-Up...All about Me


Today I've linked up to Becky's Blogger 411 post.  Questions answered by ME...



1. How long have you been blogging? And what got you started on blogging? Has your blog changed?
    I just started blogging in January...so 6 months.  And I love it.  I've read blogs off and on for a couple of years.  I love reading about others.  About their lives.  And looking at pictures.  I thought to start my own blog because I wanted to share all about my life.  I'm in love with my family and am blessed in so many ways.  And I just want to share about my thoughts, my family and my faith.  It's therapeutic for me to write about anything and everything that I want to.  And to know that you have a choice on reading it or not.  I wouldn't say my blog has changed much, being that it's only been about 6 months.  Maybe just the presentation of my blog.

2. Did you go to college? If so where, and what did you study?
    I went to a community college to get my Associates degree...in nothing specific.  I was very undecided in college.  About what I wanted to do. Or be.  So I got a general degree, planned to move on to a University, but once that time came I decided not to.  I got engaged to my wonderful husband in my last semester, got married that May and got pregnant within 2 months.  So college was not my priority.  And I wouldn't change any of it.

3. Where have you traveled?
    Other than to a few surrounding states, I have been to Jamaica on our Honeymoon...and that's it.  I honestly have no desire to travel anywhere other than beautiful, tropical places.  I'm boring, I know.


4. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would buy?
    Wow, what a touch question.  So many things come to mind.  Like a new house with a fenced in yard, a garage, a craft room, a playroom and a pool, an SUV, a maid, giving money to all of my family, and so much more.  But I have to say I would probably start by donating a percentage of it.  To church.  And to some charities.  Like St. Judes.  And after I've given a percentage away, then I will go on my shopping spree.

5. What are your 3 biggest pet peeves?
    1.  Lying.  Please don't lie to me.
    2.  Bad personal hygiene.  
    3.  Those with no morals.  Who are selfish and do not care about others' feelings.  Those who are disrespectful.  Ungratefulness.

6. What is your favorite movie?
    I have two favorites.  The Notebook and Sweet Home Alabama.  I love them both dearly.

7. What is your drink of choice; wine, beer, or liquor. Or Water, Soda, Tea?
    Umm I really don't drink alcohol.  Not saying I will never have a drink, but it would be a very very rare occasion.  I drink water all day and have a Diet Coke for dinner.  And I always get Diet Coke when we're out to eat, regardless of the time of day.  Something about drinking water at a restaurant grosses me out.

8. What is something you enjoy to do when you have me time?
    Blog. Paint. Draw. Crafts. Photography. Sleep.

9. If you could have a $10,000 shopping spree to one store, which store would it be?
    Being that I really never ever shop, I honestly have no clue.  No where too expensive because I would want to get a lot for my money.

10. Share with us an embarrassing moment of your past? Or present.
    Okay, I would probably say my 18th birthday.  Out to dinner, with family and friends, and my now father-in-law told the waitress it was my birthday. So the entire restaurant crew came over to sing.  And being that I hate all eyes on me, I hate that kind of attention...I had a major panic attack.  I started crying, put my head down on the table, and told the waitress that she should be fired because I asked her not to sing and she did anyways.  Yes I did all of that.  And on my 18th birthday.  All because of my anxiety. What can I say I'm an anxious, sensitive girl and those emotions got the best of me.  I can't imagine what those waiters were thinking.  Psycho, maybe.  The family still makes fun of me.  Embarrassing.

11. What day would you love to relive again?
     My wedding day.  Even though the weather was horrendous with downpours of rain, thunder, lightening, and tornado warnings when it was supposed to be an outdoor wedding, I know all of that worked out for a reason, and it turned out to be a very romantic indoor ceremony.  I loved my wedding day.  And am so thankful I married my best friend.  It was the start of a very good thing.  Of our beautiful life together and the family that we have created.  (The only thing I would change about it is I would get more pictures....but that's insignificant compared to our marriage)


12. If your life was turned into a movie... what actor would play you?
    Jennifer Aniston.  For no reason other than I love her.  She seems to be down to earth and real.  And I think she could play my calm, laid back personality.

13. What are the jobs you had in high school/college/the early years?
    I have worked at the same salon, where my mom is a stylist, since I was like 12.  I started as a shampoo tech, moved to receptionist, but then had to quit for a couple of years when I first got married.  We needed me to have a full-time job with a decent income, so I got a job at an apartment community where I leased apartments and then moved up to an Assistant Community Director.  I was unhappy and stressed there, and decided to change jobs.  I then worked at a medical spa as a front office coordinator then moved up to a sales consultant.  I too was unhappy and stressed.  I do not do well with sales.  Again, my anxiety.  But then it all worked out for me to go back to my home, the salon.  I was offered the office manager position with full-time hours, but a flexible schedule.  And I could not be happier.  I am back where I'm supposed to be.  No doubt about it.

14. Show us a picture from high school or college.
     Without scanning pictures, this is all I have.  It's a picture from high school.  My senior year, in my senior dress.


15. If you could travel anywhere in the world, all expenses paid, where would you go?
    I don't know of a specific vacation spot.  But anywhere tropical.  With clear water and white sand.  Maybe in a bungalow on the water...or in the water.  Somewhere with really luxurious accommodations.  Like these...



But then again, I would also love to take my kids somewhere they would enjoy.  Like Disney.  We will be doing that one day.
   
16. Show us the most current picture of you or you, or your family, or anything of meaning to you. 
    My family.  My world...



 


17. Where do you see your life 5 years from now?
    I see a happy loving family of 4, plus the hound dog.  I still see us adoring our 2 girls.  Cherishing our family time.  Although I would love about 10 kids, I believe our family is complete.  It just feels complete.  So unless God has a different plan, which I'm certainly open to if that's what He wants, I personally don't see any more kids in our future.  Maybe a new home, maybe a new car, but our family the same.  Just 5 years older.  The materialistic things don't matter, I just pray that God blesses us with good health and a happy life.





Don't forget to vote for me!  Pretty Please.

All you have to do is click HERE!




No comments:

Post a Comment