Monday, July 23, 2012

No More Excuses

I'm ashamed to say that it's probably been about three or more months since we've been to church.  Until yesterday.  We've had distraction after distraction.  Excuse after excuse.  None of which should have been prioritized over attending church.  And yesterday was the start of a new priority.

As hard as it was to get up so early when I felt I needed so much more rest, it felt so good to go.  To be at the 9:00 service, dropping our kids off so they too can learn about Jesus, and to have over an hour focused solely on God.  Within the first worship song I was already tearing up.  The verse "I'm so unworthy, but still you love me" fit so perfectly to my feelings.  Not only that morning in going to church but an everyday feeling that I have.  No matter how unworthy we are of God's love, He is still there.  Loving us unconditionally.  And that just makes me emotional.  To know what a loving God He is when we least deserve it.

Since having both kids, we've been distracted.  We've been through phases of going to church and not going to church.  And it's just been excuses.  It's easy to be distracted.  To make up excuses.  But thankfully God forgives.  I grew up in church.  We went Sunday morning, Sunday night, and Wednesday night.  I don't remember ever missing.  We were so involved and had so many memories there.  I was saved at a very young age.  And I'm so thankful for that.  That such a healthy habit was instilled in me.  And though we have had a couple of years that weren't as regular, we plan to change that. To raise our children in church.  And to be followers of Christ.  Because that's what we believe is right.  That's what we believe is a core responsibility in parenting our children.

Dedicating ourselves to attending church for an hour each week is hopefully just the beginning.  It's not only a chance to learn more about Jesus, the Bible, and to be surrounded by other Christians who are also growing in their faith.  But I know in doing so I will be more focused.  More focused on what I need to be doing at home.  And that is such a huge part of my journey.  I'm sharing this with you in hopes to inspire anyone else who has strayed from church and to even hold myself more accountable.  As a family, we have decided to take church more seriously.  To work our Sunday schedule around it.  To make it our priority.  To be less distracted.  No more excuses.





Don't forget to vote for me!  Pretty Please.

All you have to do is click HERE!



No comments:

Post a Comment