Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Alyssa's Ice Cream Party - 1st Birthday


Here's the Scoop.  Alyssa loves ice cream.  So we thought, what better way to celebrate her very first birthday than with an ice cream party.  With lots of ice cream, lots of toppings, ice cream cones, fruit and veggies, bright colors, ice cream decorations, and lots of fun dishes.  Of course, she is too young to really enjoy most of that.  But give her a dish of ice cream and nothing else matters to her.

I've been planning this party for a couple of months.  From picking out her theme to making a banner and centerpieces, pom poms and labels, a birthday hat and confetti and even decorating my first cake.  A lot of work was put into this party but because I love it so much.  I enjoyed the planning and the craftiness of putting it all together.  I know she won't even remember it and that's a little sad.  But I couldn't resist making it so cute.  And we found out the day of her party that it was actually "National Ice Cream Day."  We had no idea when we planned it, but I thought that was so neat.  Alyssa had a good time, even though she didn't seem to be quite her usual smiley self.  I'm sure all the family and gifts and ice cream was a little overwhelming for a one year old.  We're so thankful for all the thoughtful and caring family and friends that we have and that came to her party.

Here's a look at the birthday girl and her special party...



















































































































I still can't believe my baby is one.  Times just goes by too fast.  But I'm looking forward to another year.  More memories and laughs and hugs and kisses. Every day is a gift.  And I'm so very thankful each and every day that we are blessed with.

And sweet Lyssa, I hope you enjoyed your ice cream party!

**More to come on what I made for her party and how I made it...for those like me who like tutorials =) **



Don't forget to vote for me!  Pretty Please.

All you have to do is click HERE!


No comments:

Post a Comment