Saturday, June 9, 2012

Hi-Lites, Lo-Lites and Some Things in Between

It's been a couple of weeks...a common thing for me the past couple of months.  But here's what's up with us for the past couple weeks....

We had a wonderful vacation in Emerald Isle.  And wish we could take month long vacations there.
But you can see all about it here...


And while on vacation, my little brother, Corey, gets engaged.  I'm a bit shocked to say the least since I've never met her.  But I'll be praying for them.

Monday morning, when we were already dreading going back to work from vacation, dreading the everyday routine, and dreading being apart from our girls and each other....we wake up from a horrible night without sleep because Alyssa was sick --already having had Keira sick the end of the week-- and we're sick.  Sore throats, body aches, head aches, ear aches...but we force ourselves to get up because we've been on vacation and need to work.  Scott is sluggishly walking to the car, making himself go to work when he would rather crawl back in bed to catch up on rest and feel better...but the car doesn't start...we try starting it over and over and no luck...while trying to get it to start and trying to figure out a plan for both getting the car fixed and for him getting to work, Cooper runs away.  He ran off of the deck so smoothly that we didn't even notice...so Scott goes looking while I stay with the kids and call for him with a bag of treats.  Finally I hear him running down the road and he comes right back to the deck, thankfully.  He had been over Meeka's house (his neighborhood girlfriend).  And just when Scott is about to jump in the company truck at the driveway, the car starts.  Whoah. But we're both still sick.  Making it a miserable Monday.  We both left work early.  And joined each other for a nap before the girls came home from MiMi's...and thinking that the rest of the week has to go smoother than that...

Alyssa has come a long way in these 2 weeks...pulling up, walking along furniture, and getting into everything.  I'll expand on her more at 11 months...which is coming way too quickly!


We've slipped back into our usual home life pretty quickly by...

Visiting the water...


And going to the playground

I have finished the nursery letters that I had been hired to paint!  I'm pretty happy with how they've turned out.  But I can't share them yet since it's a gift.  I'll be sure to share when the time comes.

Love this of Alyssa's face...Happy Saturday morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment