Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Father's Day Gifts

We all know I love to give personalized gifts.  Homemade.  Usually including some form of picture.  So this Father's Day I racked my brain to figure out what to give Scott from the girls.  And it wasn't until the very last minute that I decided to make this photo on canvas for him.  After taking those photos of the girls in my wedding dress last week and seeing a couple of quotes on other gift ideas online, I decided to make this...








One day when they're in their actual wedding gowns, we can still come home to this.  A keepsake of their childhood.  Of their innocence.  And of their love for their Daddy.

We also made him a frame for his big fish picture...









And lastly, I made another photo on canvas for my dad.  I won't be giving canvases for every holiday, but when I saw this quote somewhere (and I inserted "Grampy" instead of Grandpa), I just thought it suited too well not to use it...


(Excuse the bad picture of this one.  I forgot to take a picture, so I took this in the car on the way)

I would love to one day invest in a cricut or something to make vinyl letters for projects like these.  I actually just made these words in Microsoft Word, copied them into Paint to save them as a picture, then printed them as a picture at Wal-Mart.  But vinyl words would look so much better.  One day.

Unfortunately, I don't even have a picture of Poppie with both girls, together.  I would have loved to give him a gift a like this as well.  But I'm making a mental note to take more pictures of them together.  Sorry Poppie.  I'm sure you will still use the fishing baits we got you.

If you're interested in making a photo on canvas for yourself, feel free to check out this POST for my tutorial.  I also do them for others if you don't have the time or want to bother with it.  I charge $25 for an 8x10 or $30 for 11x14.  Other sizes are available as well.



Don't forget to vote for my blog everyday on Top Mommy Blogs!  Pretty Please.

All you have to do is click HERE!




No comments:

Post a Comment