Wednesday, May 16, 2012

A Busy Week of Projects

Last week, with Mother's Day approaching, I was bit busy with canvas projects.  I was asked by a couple of co-workers, including my mom, to make some photos on canvas as gifts.  I enjoy making them so I was happy that they asked me.  I also made two for myself, as gifts for my mom and Scott's mom.  And since our anniversary was also this weekend, I made my hunni a gift as well.  Here's a look at all the projects I did just last week...

My Anniversary gift to him...


A few photos...


A shadow box...


Some scrapbook paper (that coordinates with clothing)...


Rub-on words...


A couple of flowers...


And some love.


I was unsure what kind of gift I wanted to make for him.  But since I'm in Ben Franklin quite often and they had shadow boxes for a great price, that's where the idea started.  I then searched for some rub-on words that I could apply to the outside of the glass, giving it a 3D look.  I text my sister to make sure she got a couple pictures of me and Scott when we went to the park that weekend.  She did.  I developed the pictures.  Bought some coordinating scrapbook paper.  Some that was in the same color family but also had a faint design.  Thankfully, I got the last piece they had of this print.  It was perfect.  I had some other blue scrapbook paper on hand (the paper bordering the pictures) so only needed some black paper to border that.  I also had these blue flowers on hand.  I applied the pictures to the scrapbook borders that I made, applied those to the main scrapbook paper, and put them under the glass.  Then applied the rub-on words on top of the glass which was the longest, most exhausting part of the process, but I love the way they look.  Then stuck on the flowers, also on top of the glass.  I thought it turned out cute.  Just a little somethin' somthin' to give to him.  To let him know I love him.


My mom's gift to my Grandma...


Co-workers birthday gift to her husband.  This was an old photo.  She took a picture on her cell phone of the picture.  So didn't turn out bad...


A co-workers Mother's Day gift to her daughter....



And our gifts to our mom's...



The photos on canvas can be an easy DIY project, you can learn to make one here...or I can make one for you!  I have been charging $25 for an 8x10 or $30 for an 11x14.  This covers the cost of all the supplies plus a little labor.  Let me know if you're interested.  They do make great gifts!

I'm also excited that I've been hired to paint letters for a friend's nursery.  It's going to be a gift though so no details there.  But I'm honored to have been asked!

Don't forget to vote for me!  Everyday.  Pretty please.

Click here to vote!



Happy Hump Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment