Tuesday, March 20, 2012

This Little Light of Mine...I'm Gonna Let it Shine

I've briefly touched on the subject of my spiritual beliefs in a couple of my posts.  The fact that I'm a believer.  And that I am a Christian.  I have felt for awhile that I wanted to expand on this.  Just a little.  To really emphasize the importance of this.  I have been considering this post really since I started blogging.  I pray that God guides me in writing this and that it reads how I intended it to. I find blogging to be great in many ways.  To share my life, my beliefs, my point of view, and most importantly an opportunity to reach out to others, to relate and inspire one another.

As a Christian, I feel it is my responsibility and it is a true desire of mine to spread the good news about God.  I mean if we know that we'll ultimately spend eternity in Heaven, then why in the world would we not make the effort to encourage as many people as we can to believe, so we can spend forever together?  I may have lots of readers or very few readers.  I may have readers that are my friends and family or readers that live in other countries.  Regardless, if just one of those readers is a non-believer and this post encourages them to just consider accepting Christ as their Lord and Savior then it is beyond worth it.  I may have a small voice in this big world, but if I can help to expand the Kingdom of Heaven by sharing words from my heart and helping to encourage non-believers to consider a relationship with Christ then that means my voice was heard.


I like to pour my heart out in writing.  I am not an out-going person.  In person, I am a woman of few words.  But in writing, I like to put it all out there.  So today, I want to let the world know...or anyone willing to read this...that I believe in God.  I believe that He sent His one and only son to die on the cross for our sins.  So that we can live as sinners and still be forgiven.  And that He rose from the dead.  That He is alive.  That if we believe in this, we will spend eternity in Heaven with Jesus.  Something that I am looking so forward to.  "Heaven is for Real" was a phenomenal book in describing Heaven.  A real experience of it.  I absolutely recommend you to read it.  And oh how excited I get thinking about that!

You will realize that your life has meaning.  That your character is being shaped for Heaven.  And that we are here to serve God and love God because in the end, that is all that matters.  He is all that matters.  Our jobs won't matter, our money, our social status, our materialistic possessions...none of that is going with you when you leave this earth.  Our time here on earth is completely changed if we believe.  God will prove to us everyday that He is with us. He will live in your heart and affect the way you think and feel.  And what an awesome feeling that is!


I, in no way, shape, or form, want to come across as believing that I am a perfect Christian.  There is no such thing.  I am so incredibly far from where I want to be in my spiritual journey.  I have an infinite amount of changing to do, and I can't emphasize that enough.  Believing is just the beginning.  The beginning of what God has in store for each and every one of us.  He has a plan and a purpose for us all.  But He wants us to get to know Him.  To read His word.  To pray and worship and commit our hearts to Him.  All things that I need to work on, things that I want to work on.  It absolutely takes a great deal of dedication, but He will reveal countless blessings to us if we allow Him.  Our time on earth is so very short.  Eternity is forever. We are here to build our character.  To prepare for Heaven.  To listen to God's guidance.  To make the right choices.  To make God our number one priority.

In knowing all of this, I know I need to change my priorities.  The Bible has always been very overwhelming for me, as I'm sure it is for most.  But because of that, I've never truly studied it as I should.  That is something that I must work on.  That I must make time for.  I know I must put God first.   I fail miserably at honoring God with all that I have.  I desperately need to make changes.  But I am so thankful that He forgives me.  And that everyday is a fresh slate.  The most important thing is that I believe.  That I have strong faith.  That I love Jesus.  That I have a growing relationship with Him.  And the rest may take time.  And that's okay, we aren't perfect.  This journey is constantly a learning experience.  God knows what's in our hearts, He forgives us, and He loves us...no matter what.  He is so amazing.  I can't even begin to explain how mighty and wonderful He is.

I hope I have expressed how important this is to me.  Not only in sharing my faith with non-believers, but also in hopes that all of us Christians can view our lives as a purpose in living for God.  As a way to be an example of Godly character to everyone around us.  So that we can show the world how amazing God is and how He works in our lives.  In writing this post, I simply wanted to take advantage of the opportunity that I have to reveal the importance of faith to me.  To maybe strike some interest to a non-believer.  To explain that being born again is the best thing you will ever do.  To let you know that I pray for you to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior.  To somewhat hand out an invitation into the Family of God.  And if you accept, you will be so glad you did!


1 comment:

  1. Amen! Glory hallelujah! I am so happy to be your SISTER in Christ! What a mighty God we serve! :)

    ReplyDelete