Sunday, March 4, 2012

Hi-Lites, Lo-Lites, and Some Things in Between

Many things can go on in a week's time.  Good things, not so good things, and some random things you just want to make sure you remember.  And since I view blogging as a way for me to document our life, as a way to one day look back at this as a story, I thought I should share some of these things on a weekly basis that I would probably forget otherwise.  (And maybe it can somewhat make up for the fact that I have yet to start a first year calendar of Alyssa's "Firsts" - a disadvantage to being the second child).  So here's some hi-lights, lo-lights, and some things in between that went on this week...






Alyssa wore her first pair of shoes!

















           









Both of the girls got their ears pierced!  Something I've wanted to do since they were both born.  It was kinda heartbreaking but went better than I expected.  And they look absolutely adorable!
(Aren't they just precious ?)




Scott cured his itch to go fishing...now the real obsession begins!  I'm excited to go myself ;)





Keira has really taken a liking to Barbie...she undresses her, sings to her, parents her (tells her no and puts her in "time out") and usually takes her everywhere.  She doesn't always seem like a girly girl, but surprisingly loves girly things.

Alyssa now loves "chase" just like her big sister...she gets the biggest smile when we all do circles around the house after dinner.

We paid the truck off!  No more car payments
. . . . for now anyways.

We're still not feeling 100% well...and we're sick of being sick!


Friday:  After dinner, we wanted an ice cream cone and a milkshake from McDonald's, but the woman through the intercom says "We're not serving those tonight"...uh okay.  So we head home without our ice cream =(   (Lo-Lite)


Saturday:  After dinner, we wanted milkshakes from Chick-Fil-A (my favorite), but the woman at the intercom says to the car ahead of us "We don't have milkshakes"  What?  Really?
So we go back to the same McDonald's from the night before in hopes that they are serving ice cream tonight...but no, their machine is broken.
So we settled on Hardee's but at least we got our ice cream fix.  I was starting to think that it really wasn't meant to be.


We skipped church again this morning...Alyssa is still coughing and very congested, and we didn't want to pass it along to any other babies.  Can't wait to get back into a church-going routine.  I need it.  Hopefully next week.





The other day, it was late afternoon (but still very light), the clouds were moving a long pretty fast over the moon.  And sweet Keira thought that the moon was really floating away (she has a slight obsession with the moon - and even has one in her room).  She said "The moon is floating away!"  in an Oh No!  What are we gonna do ?!  kinda way.  It was adorable.  And I didn't want to forget it.

So there you go.  A little insight to our past week.  What I can remember of it anyways.  The weeks seem to just fly by.  I can't believe were in March already.  But that means Spring is almost here... and that makes me very happy =)

I hope everyone else had a great week too!


No comments:

Post a Comment