Tuesday, March 13, 2012

A Day at the Pond

Sunday we took our first family fishing trip of the year!  Just up to my aunt and uncles land, where they have this little, relaxing, nothing surrounding it but hills and pastures pond.  I kind of wanted to stay home for the day, but Scott talked me into going, and I have to say  I thoroughly enjoyed the day.  We spent the entire afternoon fishing and relaxing, listening to the frogs, getting some sun, and just enjoying our time with the family...which included Mom, Doug, Jordan, Kim, Storm, Dory and Angie.

I managed to keep Lyssa protected from the sun and wind, only slightly pinking her left cheek, but Keira on the other hand looks a bit like a lobster...I feel like a bad mom...but it doesn't seem to bother her and its already gone in dramatically.

Keira fully reeled in her first fish (we took her fishing last Fall where we helped her catch one but she didn't want much to do with it then).  I guess it's the fishing shows she constantly watches with her daddy that have made her itching to go.  She caught a little crappy and a little bass and was very excited about it.

Scott also caught his biggest fish to date...7 lbs 7 oz and 23.5 inches.  Me and Keira were in that little wobbly Jon boat with him which was a bit scary when a big fish is on the end of the line, but it was fun getting to see it.

It was a peaceful and relaxing afternoon, and I'm definitely looking forward to going again...and maybe catching a fish for myself.  Ha.  Here's a few lots of pictures from the day...












 Obviously fishing was not gonna keep this little one from her nap time!







 7 lbs 7 oz 23.5 inches...definitely the best catch of the day!


























 You can probably tell already, but I have no clue what I'm doing.  I caught my line in the trees and on sticks more than I got it in the water.  You would never know I fished so much growing up (like to the fact that my Papa Nash would get me out of school to go).  It will come back to me, it will.
 Our little lobster...Monday morning
Monday afternoon...that's not toooo bad huh

Well there's a recap of our Sunday.  I loved how private it was.  It's like they have their own little world up there.  I could live like that.  Thank you Kim and Ralph for allowing us to enjoy your piece of the country!  We will be back =)

No comments:

Post a Comment