Friday, February 10, 2012

A Valentine for Dada


In case you didn't realize, Wednesdays are my day off.  My day off with my girls.  I absolutely love and cherish these days with them.  I try to focus on them and nothing but them...by not worrying about cleaning up, doing dishes, laundry, etc.  I don't have much time like this with them, so I try to make the best of it.

This week, we decided to make our own Valentine's card for Scott or "Dada".  I had glanced at the "Dad from Kid" cards in Hallmark over the weekend, but as I figured they had no options.  So instead, I bought some supplies...paper and stickers (well I did have to buy a new glue stick because SOMEONE decided to use up our glue sticks -and crayons- all over our dining room windows!), which in turn costs a lot less than a Hallmark card, and we decided to make our own.  I was inspired by this card tutorial (from Pinterest of coarse).  We made a few changes though, to make it our own, and I think it turned out adorable! 
















We decided to do all three of our handprints, instead of just one set...and we decked it out with LOTS of stickers!  We chose this card because back when Keira was having a delay in her speech, we would always ask her "how much do you love us?"  And she would respond by stretching her arms out as much as she could..and we'd say "That much?!" And she would nod and smile.  It was so sweet!  And she still does this sometimes, even though at this point she never shuts up.  So I thought this card suited perfectly!

3 comments:

  1. You're the bestest Mommy ever Amber....I love you and those darlings so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.....Amber this makes me miss when Lacy was young & loved to do all this fun stuff. I saved everything she made for me @ daycare and videoed all the time when she was creating something.....I LOVE this :-)

    Darian

    P.s. You are very creative and a wonderful mommy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you...they grow so fast don't they...trying to enjoy every second!

    ReplyDelete