Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Some Randomness About Me


I love to read "About Me" sections on people.  Even random people that I do not know.  It's just something that's interesting to me.  So I thought I would open up and allow you to get to know me a little better by sharing some information about me.  Some facts that are important, things that define me, and some random meaningless things.  This post turned out to be longer than planned, but don't get too excited..I'm still not very interesting.  So here's to All About Me...

Most importantly I am
a wife and a mother
and a believer in Jesus Christ.
My faith and my family are the
absolute most imortant things to me.

Me and my husband have been together
since I was 14 years old,
for over 10 years now.
And married for almost 4.
We have a very special love.
He is my best friend.
I can't even begin to imagine my life without him.

I do work and I love my job
but
I would rather be a stay at home mom.
Spending time with my husband and my two daughters is
my favorite thing to do.

I have very few friends but I value those friendships.
I've never felt like I "fit in"
but I'm okay with that.
I do love people and always like to believe the best of them.

I have very strong morals and beliefs.
I am extremely sensitive
and emotional.
I hate confrontation more than anything.
I always want to please everyone and try very hard to do so
 but I get overwhelmed by it.
I have a tendency to take on other people's feelings.
I am an introvert, an ISFJ to be exact.

I hate being the center of attention in a group.
Even with just family.
I experience anxiety, nervousness and sometimes panic attacks.

In the 10.5 years I've been with Scott,
I've never left him a voice mail.

I'm scared of the dark, very scared.
I have many fears. And I hate it.
I have a bigger appetite than most would think.
I'm probably the pickiest eater ever.
I love the movie "Charlotte's Web"
"Chin up, chin up.  Everybody loves a happy face.
Wear it, share it.  It'll brighten up the darkest place...."
Spring and summer are my favorite seasons.

I love animals,
like would keep almost anything as a pet.
And that's why I've yet to kill the slug that sneaks under the door and into our house every night.
He doesn't get past the dog food and goes back out a few minutes later.
He is just an innocent slug.  I've named him Sammy.  Kind of embarrassing. But true.

I love artsy things like
drawing, painting, photography, crafty projects,
and things of that nature.

I am "Robotic" as my husband says.
Things generally have to be a certain way.
Like if he loads the dishwasher, I find myself rearranging it.
(Probably because he purposely loads it in an unorganized manner, just to see my reaction)
I follow recipes to a T.  Yet I can't cook at all.

I am recently aware that I love blogging.
Maybe it's because I love my life and want to share it with the whole world,
or maybe it's because I think it will be neat to look back on this 10 or 20 years from now
and read about my life in a story-like way,
or maybe it's because I never realized that I actually enjoy writing,
or maybe it's because I am sort of shy and reserved
and even socially awkward at times,
so writing about what I want and sharing my feelings,
and talking about anything and everything that want
without being interrupted 
is therapeutic to me.
Regardless, I enjoy it.
And I love that it's your choice to read it or not.

I am a Christian.
But I fail miserably at honoring God with all that I have.
But what's great is that He knows what's in my heart and He forgives me.

I love life.
But life is not perfect.
It's hard. It's overwhelming.
Finding balance is a constant chore.
But I know that everything happens for a reason.
It's all part of God's plan.
So as difficult as it is sometimes,
I try to welcome the imperfections of life.


1 comment: