Friday, January 13, 2012

Just one more night...

Alyssa Nickole - 10 days old

So my sweet Alyssa Nickole was 6 months old yesterday!  I can hardly believe it!  These 6 months have gone faster than ever.  She is such a perfect baby, usually only fussing when she is hungry...which is more like a scream (she likes to eat)...or when she has some tummy issues going on.  She is so laid back and calm and sweet.  I swear she gets sweeter by the day.  I could sit and hold her and watch her all day, and I would be perfectly content.  And it's so sweet how Alyssa is in love with her big sister.  Keira has adored her since the day she was born, showering her with love all the time and never showing any signs of jealousy...just her biggest smile whenever she is around her.  Watching them lay together and play and laugh is one of our favorite things to do. 



So, I've been struggling with putting Alyssa in her room in her crib for bedtime.  Believe it or not, Alyssa is still in our room...in her little tiny bassinet (that she is really too long for).  I know it is way past time for her to be put in her bed, but I just have this attachment to her.  I'm not sure if it's because she may be our last baby or if it's because she is just too darn sweet, but making that change is huge for me.  Everytime it's mentioned, I get teary-eyed and emotional.  I have even set goals.  When Keira was born, she slept in the bassinet for 3 months and then we put her in her crib.  Of coarse I cried, but I adjusted well.  So with Alyssa, my original plan was to also put her in her crib at 3 months.  Well that certainly didn't happen.  I felt that she was just too young to be in a big bed all alone.  Plus her room shares a wall with Keira's and when she cried in the middle of the night it would wake Keira.  I have probably set 4 or 5 goals since then...telling Scott "Oh I'll put her in her crib after Thanksgiving," or "...after Christmas," or "...once we're in the New Year," or "...after my birthday," and then I planned for 6 months.  Well that time came yesterday and guess what...she slept in her little bassinet.  As I went to lay her down last night, I really thought about just doing it...just taking her in her room and laying her in there.  It's not that big of a deal...or it doesn't seem to be for anyone but me.  But I just couldn't do it...I wanted just one more night... 

So here we are, 6 months and 1 day old, and I plan to make this transition tonight.  I know I'll have a difficult time with it, but it's what's best for her.  So I pray it all goes smoothly.

1 comment:

  1. I do understand my kids are 7 6 and 2 and all of them come in and sleep in my room at some point durning the night almost every night. Anthony goes to bed in his room and ends up in my bed before morning. I dont have the heart to turn them away.Things will work out. She will be fine in her bed. Good luck tonight with the first night apart.

    ReplyDelete